updated 10/09/12: The ripple affect continues. A result of Sunland including products manufactured back to March 2010 Harry and David, LLC as issued a recall on 12 oz. jars of Harry & David® Crunchy Almond and Peanut Butter, Harry & David® Creamy Banana Peanut Spread, Harry & David® Creamy Caramel Peanut Spread and Harry & David® Creamy Raspberry Peanut Spread with “Best By” dates of 01MARCH11 through 24SEPT13, as well as the following multi-component food items which included the above-named peanut butter products as components:
- Harry & David® Apple Snack Box
- Wolferman’s® Bee Sweet Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® Hearty Snack Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® All-Day Assortment Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® Father’s Day Basket
Also, Kilwins Quality Confections, Inc. of Petoskey, MI has issued a recall on 7 ounce packages of S/F PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE, bar code 000648, lots 67936, 67105, 66959, 66413, 66248, 65123, 63124, 62693, 62612, 61658, 61621 sold in our retail stores between October 1, 2011 and October 5, 2012.
240. That is the number of total products recalled by Sunland, Inc. The recall was recently expanded to include products that were manufactured from March 1, 2010 that are still within the “best if used by” date. Also added were products that were not part of the original recall but where manufactured during the original recall dates and have a “best if used by” date that has not expired. This recent addition appears to be precautionary, the addition of the 139 other products have not been linked to any illnesses.
There have been 29 similar illnesses reported in 18 states and in interviews of 14 individuals, 12 reported consuming a single product.
The complete list of recalled products can be found here.